Math is used in many areas of life and has many applications. A strong math foundation will benefit every student no matter what his or her goals are, and will give your child the confidence to pursue whatever he or she dreams of.
At Inspiration Learning Center, our math classes are individually-tailored to suit your child’s unique needs, which we determine through an assessment done when your child is enrolled. Our tutors use a systematic and logical approach to teach math using lectures, discussions, games, activities, and technology in a way that makes sense to your child.
Learning math has never been so fun and easy!
In the primary grades (JK to Grade 5), math learning focuses on:
- Number sense and numeration skills
- Computation and problem solving using whole numbers and rational numbers
- Time, money, measurement, probability
- Recognizing and identifying shapes
- Problem solving, simple applications of math concepts in real-world situations (eg. money)
In the junior grades (Grades 6-8), math learning focuses on:
- Mastering rational numbers (fractions, decimals, percents), balancing equations
- Patterning, pre-algebra, basic algebra
- Applying logical thinking, problem solving
- Real-world applications of math concepts
- Using the correct mathematical formulas and understanding the rules/framework behind the formulas
In high school (grades 9-12), math learning focuses on:
- Algebra, geometry, trigonometry, calculus, data management and probability
- Graphing, using scientific calculators and other math tools/technologies
- Analytical and synthetic problem solving, complex real-world applications of math concepts
- Using analysis, logical thinking and combining the correct mathematical formulas in multi-step problems
- Communicating math ideas and concepts using the correct vocabulary